It’s no secret that astrology can be used as a tool for guidance in all areas of life, including our mental wellbeing.
In this blog post, we’ll explore how astrology can help optimize your self-care routine and support you in maintaining your mental health.
Each zodiac sign has unique strengths and weaknesses, which means that there is an astrological approach that is perfect for everyone!
We’ll also take a look at the moon sign and its impact on our daily lives.
As we explore this in this post, if you wanted to look at your own birth natal chart, you can check your own for free at astro.com; an incredible resource for many beginner & intermediate astrologers.
I’ll give you a personal example as an Aries rising sign; typically Aries are a natural leader and thrive when taking charge, but this can often lead to burnout. You need to take some time for yourself every day, even for a few short minutes if pushed (as Aries like to be busy).
With my Moon sign in Scorpio, this would mean taking time out for a relaxing deep bath or reading a book that takes me away from reality, diving deep into some fiction for vices, taboos & darkness.
No matter what your astrological configuration is, certain self-care practices are beneficial for everyone.
Here are a few astrology-approved tips to help you get started
Get enough sleep
This one is especially important as it can help with focus for learning/study, stress levels and will improve your mood. Most health professionals recommend sleeping for eight hours each night, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a Taurus would recommend an eight-hour nap!
Eating nutritious foods helps to fuel your body and mind, keeping you feeling your best. Try to avoid processed foods whenever possible. Pay attention to your astrological elements e.g. if you are mainly fire-heavy in your natal chart, you’ll possibly find cinnamon, chilli, pepper, chocolate are all delights in your diet.
Exercise releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects. It’s also a great way to reduce stress.
When you’re feeling overwhelmed or burnt out, take a few minutes (or even an hour) for yourself. Step away from your work, relax and do something you enjoy.
One of the lovely factors in astrology that can be beneficial for your mental wellbeing is being honest with how you are feeling. A moon sign is said to be the astrological representation of our emotions, and it can change daily.
So, if you’re feeling off one day, it’s likely that your moon sign is reflecting this. Simply acknowledging how you’re feeling can be a helpful way to start your self-care routine. If you know how you’re feeling, you may know what you need. The moon passes through each sign every two to three days, so it’s worth checking what yours is up to.
Self Care Ideas for the 12 Moon Sign Placements
Here are some actionable tips for moon placements in the 12 signs whether for your birth placement or the current transits;
Moon in Aries
- Self-confidence affirmations
- Head massage
- Ask for help where you need it (you can’t do it all)
Moon in Taurus
- Treat yourself to luxurious food
- Wrap yourself into a cosy blanket
- Light that nice candle you’ve been saving.
Moon in Gemini
- Phone a friend
- Have a deep conversation
- Read something light and airy
- Go for a walk outdoors.
Moon in Cancer
- Write a love letter to yourself
- Cook yourself your favorite family meal or order comfort food
- Have a cry (it’s cleansing)
- Watch weepy films or listen to sad music
Moon in Leo
- Take photos of yourself doing things you love
- Get creative with makeup or fashion
- Hang out with friends who make you feel special
- Write a list of things that make you feel proud of your accomplishments.
Moon in Virgo
- Clean & organize your space
- Cook a healthy meal
- Make a list of things you’re grateful for
- Research something that interests you.
Moon in Libra
- Get outside in nature (have you ever heard of earthing?)
- Have a long bath with soothing aromatherapy
- Enjoy some time alone
- Wear pretty clothes that make you feel good about yourself
- Buy flowers for your home and yourself.
Moon in Scorpio
- Work on letting go of things that no longer serve you
- Write down your fears & then shred the paper
- Take yourself on a date (get dressed up & make reservations someplace nice)
- Give yourself a new hairstyle or color.
Moon in Sagittarius
- Learn about different cultures’ approach to positivity
- Learn positive languages and try to use in your day-to-day
- Enroll in that course you wanted to take
- Go to the library and pick a philosophy book that calls out to you
- Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.
Moon in Capricorn
- Set goals and achieve them
- Get a new planner and start planning your dream life
- Look at what you can change in your career for the better
- Make a list of things you want to manifest in the next year.
Moon in Aquarius
- Spend time with friends (or make new ones)
- Join or create a community that shares your interests
- Get a tarot reading
- Shop local for a new crystal or pendulum for your spiritual work
- Volunteer for a cause you’re passionate about.
Moon in Pisces
- Mood tracking
- Seeking self-help & rehabilitation
- Take yourself on a spiritual retreat even if it’s for the day
- Looking at combating addictions
- Day dream and vision boards.
If you’re interested in astrology and want to learn more, there are plenty of resources available online and in bookstores. I recommend starting with your birth chart as it’s a great introduction to the basics of astrology. From there, you could explore other areas such as tarot readings to compliment your lifestyle, reiki to bring back energy balances, and feel free to check out my more obscure methods of divination at backyardbanshee.com. So there you have it – a few astrology-aligned tips to help optimize your self-care routine.
I hope this was helpful and that you enjoyed it! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out or leave a comment below.
Thanks for reading!
Lizzie runs backyardbanshee.com where you can find an arrangement of secular divination that can benefit you spiritually and professionally. When not pulling cards or creating personalised divination rituals for her clients, she can be found planning her next big trip, cooking calorie heavy food and laughing at The Office US reruns for the millionth time.