If you’re looking to make a vegetarian burger that tastes amazing, try this lentil and chickpea veggie burger recipe. It’s delicious!
There’s a reason why veggie burgers are a food trend these days. Everyone’s trying to find more delicious ways to get more veggies into their diets, and cutting down on meat is also good for our planet.
So, if you’re looking to try your hand at creating your own veggie burger, you’re in luck. This recipe is for a lentil veggie burger packed full of protein and fiber, and will definitely satisfy your meatless burger cravings.
Veggie Burger with Lentils & Sprouts
You can throw together these healthy and wholesome vegan friendly lentil burgers in under an hour.
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
The ingredients listed serves four, so increase as required if you’re preparing for a larger crowd.
Lentil Burger Ingredients
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pack of Good 4u Lentil Sprout Mix Salad Topper
- 1 pack Garlic and Chilli Salad Topper
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Brioche buns OR Whole wheat burger buns*
- 4 tablespoons of tomato relish
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Cucumber slices
- Good4U Sprouted Super Sprouts Salad Topper
Whole wheat burger buns are a suitable vegan alternative. Brioche buns are suitable for vegetarians but not for vegans due to the egg, milk and butter included.
This recipe is delicious—and nutritious—for anyone on a vegan diet or looking for a healthy alternative to meat.
Lentils are great for vegans because they’re incredibly low in fat and contain plenty of fiber. The other bonus is that they taste good!
Method – How to make Lentil Veggie Burgers
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and pepper for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a high-speed blender puree ½ (90g) pack of the Sprouted Lentil Sprouts, ½ (65g) pack Garlic and Chilli Salad Topper and all the chick peas to a rough texture
- Add this to the pan with the sautéed vegetable followed with the remaining half of the Garlic and Chilli and Sprouted Lentil packs and mix well together.
- Season well with salt and pepper and divide the mixture into four.
- Shape into balls and flatten to a burger shape and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a clean pan and fry the burgers for 5-7 minutes each side until golden brown and hot all the way through.
- Toast the brioche buns and spread a dollop of relish on each side.
- Add a few lettuce leaves to the base and sit the burger on top.
- Add slices of onion, tomato, cucumber and a generous helping of Super Sprouts and add the top.
More Simple Vegan Recipes
Give these vegan recipes a try, for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Vegan Bramley Apple and Coconut Chia Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- Quick & Easy No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Vegan Plum Cupcakes
We hope you enjoyed this veggie burger recipe with lentils
Please share this healthy and easy Vegan recipe with friends and family, or pin to your Pinterest account. Thanks so much!
Anna is a Wales-based writer and graduate from SOAS University of London.
As the voice behind On Your Journey, she empowers women to embrace holistic well-being and spiritual growth through her expert insights into wellness and symbolism.
When she isn't writing thought-provoking articles, you'll find her busy crafting and raising her 4 children.